thru hulls

Fishtales

Reaction score
shortest description of work ever...

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hope he closes this thread out with a detailed summary of the work, something along the lines of “Job done”

TopsulTime

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The archived brochure for the soon to be mine '05 Sailfish 282 says the thru hulls are chrome over bronze. I'll inspect them but they likely won't need replacing...will they? The cockpit deck drains are the white plastic so I'm anticipating having to replace those. Not sure about the tubes yet, it WAS a freshwater boat. If I switch to ss deck drains I think it would make sense to do the tubes even if they still look good.

Thoughts.

Reactions: PointedRose

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The archived brochure for the soon to be mine '05 Sailfish 282 says the thru hulls are chrome over bronze. I'll inspect them but they likely won't need replacing...will they? The cockpit deck drains are the white plastic so I'm anticipating having to replace those. Not sure about the tubes yet, it WAS a freshwater boat. If I switch to ss deck drains I think it would make sense to do the tubes even if they still look good.

Thoughts.
It's highly unlikely that you'd need to replace the bronze thru-hulls for functional reasons. Bronze is the most durable metal used on boats. Now, chances are the chrome is pitting away, or at least starting to - but that's just aesthetic.