Thur Hull

Tigercat

Reaction score
What is the Aft bilge thur hull for? Also I noticed while washing the boat that water can enter into the thur hull which is the Aft bilge and run out the drain plug hole in the bottom of the boat is this supposed to happen?

uncljohn

Reaction score
not sure what a thur hull is, but for my Seafarer, I have an aft thru-hull for the aft bilge pump outflow as well as another one for my transom baitwell drain. The bilge pump thru-hull is like 2' above the water line while the baitwell drain is only an inch or so above the water line.

If water is entering the bilge via the thru-hull, then its missing the drain line that should be coming from somewhere......

Tigercat

Reaction score
This is the Aft Bilge Thru-Hull at the back of the boat right under the Grady White blue stripe on the boat, Aft Bilge- Thru- Hull is how it is listed in manual Every Thru-Hull in the manual is listed with an letter abc..ect this one is E= AFT-Bilge just went outside and took water hose and sprayed water in it and it comes out the bottom of the boat were you put the drain pluges is this suposed to happen? Thanks

Tigercat

Reaction score
The boat has 2 of them one on each side at the back their about 1 foot above the water line. :D

JeffN

Reaction score
Connected to a bilge pump maybe? The water is just running down the drain line and out through the pump and into the bilge, again maybe. There must be access somewhere to take a look.

uncljohn

Reaction score
JeffN said:
Connected to a bilge pump maybe? The water is just running down the drain line and out through the pump and into the bilge, again maybe. There must be access somewhere to take a look.

You probably don't have a loop in the line to prevent backflow. So like Jeff said, water is just running down the hose and out the bilge pump. Thiss is not really a big deal b/c you shouldn't be taking constant water into that thru-hull. But if you're concerned, replace the hose with one a foot or so longer, so you can put a loop in it just inside the thru-hull. But I don't have a loop in my bilge pump line and never had any problem. Its probably only an issue when you're spraying the boat with a hose.