Tiger Cat's

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
What the scoop with the TigerCat's compared to the conventional hulls? How do you like them? Is Grady still building them?

I've been on other cat's and they are amazing but I bought an Islander...not that there is anyting wrong with that.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Haven't been on one..I'm pretty certain Grady stopped production due to slow sales/demand.
I read a test on one in Boating Magazine a few years ago, and they reported that it handled kinda wierd like a Cat does, but was far-and-away better in rough conditions than the conventional monohulls that Grady makes.

I'm told that running a Catamaran offshore, be it a Tiger Cat or Glacier Bay, or whatever, there is a learning curve that has to be acquired.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I also have not been on one but I really like the layout. I've heard owners say the boat's slow speed handling takes some getting used to as well. Something about Grady being a planing cat when most other cats are semi-displacement. Grady's cat was not well received in the market place. After the cabin version had been out for about two years, Grady introduced a center console version, and made some improvements to the hull that same year.

I would be interested in trying one but my rack storage facility does not allow cats.

Rob

wind on

Reaction score
Grady Cat

I have one scheduled to come in under brokerage. Very clean and well equipped '98 model repowered with twin 150 yamaha fourstokes. Let me know if its of any interest.
Josh