tigercat repower and tranducer placement

cppaul

Reaction score
Own a 97 F26 (I must of been about the first to buy one) and am about to replace my original 13 year old two stoke 150 yams. Weight of the 175 suz to much? I also have been unable to get a good placement on my transducer-cant\'t ever get bottom anywhere near speed. Right now transducer is inside port engine--- Anyone have an opinion about in -hull or through- hull set up's? Thanks

raisinkane

Reaction score
No problem with the 175s you can go to 200s. Something to think about with such a heavy boat.... The shoot thru Transducer placement PAD is on the keel line dead center, in the starboard sponson just behind the holding tank mounting pad which is accessed by cutting thru the bath room bulkhead. I have a GW Transducer placement Diagram if GW can't get one to you.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't have a holding tank raisin. Keep a fridge in the head. Would love a copy of the transducer placement diagram.

cppaul

Reaction score
Man- I am sorry I didn't post back. I still haven't repowered due to the cost and the fact that my 13 year old engines are still thumping along. Now that the tuna fishing is over(for good?) in morehead I am fishing over offshore reefs(jigging) and can't have a partially functioning transducer-Guess I need to reconsider drilling holes in the hull. . Do you still have those diagrams for transducer placement? Just as an aside the fishing last season was terrible.

raisinkane

Reaction score
cppaul Yes i still have a tranducer installation sheet that I got from Grady. Call Burt in CS I am sure he will fax one to you. Its location is Starboard right under helm floor. I have a 1k furuno and it works well.