Tigercat

Tigercat

Reaction score
On the F 26 Tigercat does the fridge work off of just shore power or does it run off of batteries in your boat and does it need to have a switch to turn it on and off if it is running on your batteries

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tigercat,
It should be easy to tell by looking at your breaker panel. If you have an AC breaker along with a DC breaker for your fridge then it is both. Is this the factory option fridge? If so you're the only guy that I know that has it. Do you also have a water heater? I'm going to add one of those little dorm fridges. Plan on putting it right where the porta potty goes. Add a few tie-downs and should be good to go. I don't have dockside power and plan on using the yellow shore cable and adaptor to the fridge plug.

Tigercat

Reaction score
Tucker,
Yes the boat has AC pluse DC on breaker panel. I just had the fridge put in, its one size bigger than the old one that was in the boat. I just had it installed but when I turn on the batteries it starts working and I don't want it to kill my batteries while going offshore. How is your boat coming along. Have you drivin your yet and if so, how does it handle. I have only driven mine once, I been upgrading some stuff.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi Tigercat,
There should be a separate DC breaker for the fridg. If it was dealer added they may not have tagged it on the panel. I'd turn off the AC and be sure the fridge runs and then start turning off the unlabeled DC accessory breakers. I think it will run your battery down in no time. But, the new ones may be different. Turn off your engine batteries and see how long it runs on the house battery.

Got the boat up from Yorktown 12/18. No, haven't done squat. Cold as crap and 5" snow on the ground. Got my $600 worth of Yami parts to do stats, pumps, PRV, fuel filters, and plugs. Parts are still in the garage. Boat's right outside my kichen door so if we get a break in the flippin' weather I can get on it. Don't see that happening anytime soon. Does your boat have 150's on it? Did you get it from Crockett's? That was a real beaut! I couldn't pull the trigger on it because I hadn't sold my other boat. I lost 3-Tigercat's waiting to sell my boat and had to settle for the worst one on my short list. This one's been sitting for a while and I got air in the steering and air in the TT system. Everything is a bit rough. I'm going to need all the Tigercat guys here to help me get through this; I got a project. Please keep an eye on the forum.