Tigercat

Tigercat

Reaction score
I have a 1998 F Tigercat with 2 200hp Evinrude ocean pros which are also 1998 motors . What kind of range should I get out of these motors about how far I could run out and troll and then run back in. Thanks

cppaul

Reaction score
With 150 two strokes I can run out between 37-45 miles , troll from 8-3 and come home with over 80 gallons left over. Usually a 100 to 110 gall day.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There is a good 2-3 page Tigercat thread you should search for. Reelsoon sent in real time info from his fuel mgt that might be a big help.

teaklejr

Reaction score
Hello. My average fuel burn over 2 years has almost exactly 1.5mpg. My cruising speed is usually between 27-32mph. Trimming these boats is key to getting them to run properly. This year I was messing around one day when it was flat calm out and just keep trimming the motors up more and more until I heard the motors rev up then backed the trim off a little bit and she rode perfect. Did not want to go side to side like it would sometimes with the motors trimmed down. It will take some time to figure a cat out but once you do you will love it. Take it out in some 4-5 foot ocean waves, set the throttles, sit down, relax and enjoy the ride.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Got my TC late last year and was out on it only twice; and that was mid late December and it was freezing. Nothing close to 4'-5' waves. Did take my Escape to Bloody Point in 2'-3' chop and thought I would need a chiropractor when I got back. Looking forward to taking out the TC in small craft warnings. Can't imagine sitting back and enjoying the ride, that should be quite amazing. The power cat people say the faster you go the better the ride. Even read that the wind gets in the tunnel and lifts the boat, hence the reason it skips over waves. Think that may be a stretch.

teaklejr

Reaction score
Yeah I would not be sitting down in 4-5 on the bay. Our waves are stacked way to close together to do that. Get in the ocean and it is a different story.