Tilt Steering Problem

2006 Adventure 208

Reaction score
My steering wheel has "play and sqeeks" . No problem with the steering but am concerned there may be a problem that should be addressed. Anyone having this problem ? It is a Sea Star hydraulic system with a tilt steering wheel. I think the problem is in the tilt system. It is on a 2006 Adventure 208.

2006 Adventure 208

Reaction score
Thank you " Bay Rat " . I will make the contact. I did speak with my service guy and he said it could be a problem in the future but no need to worry right now during our best fall fishing season. The big Kings are moving in closer here on the N.C. / S.C. coast and we are chasing them everyday we can get offshore.

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Did your service guy actually look at it and determine that their were no leaks and no air in the system ( which can cause the play) or did you just speak via phone? Hopefully he actually did see it..otherwise I would contact seastar asap and let them tell you how to diagnose your problem so that you know what your actually dealing with. Losing your steering when a leaking seal finally lets go ,as your running thru the inlet, can ruin your day. Your service guy may be right , but I would try and get a handle on this sooner rather than later..but thats just me. Good luck.