Tilt & Trim Twin HPDI on 265 Express

Dieler

Reaction score
Had motors tilted up for a few days at marina. When using the throttle lever mounted switch to lower both simultaeneously the port motor hung up a bit before eventually lowering. I need to check that the tilt lock lever didn't fall in the way but beleive it did not. Any ideas on what would cause this? Trying to find a reservoir which maintains associated fluid but nothing noted in manual.

Being a long weekend want to thoroughly check before heading out. If any thoughts on enduring proper operation please advise - new outboard owner

Steds83

Reaction score
I had similar situation which progressively got worse to point where port motor would not move. Replaced the relay and problem fixed. Not cheap - hope yours is something else.

Dieler

Reaction score
Great....Will keep an eye on it. I cant seem to find a reservoir which feeds the fluid for the system - any idea where that is located? Whats roughly is not cheap by the way? How much was the relay

fastal

Reaction score
fluid res. is on the bracket that mounts to the boat so with your engine raise it should be exposed. my 01 200HP HPDI fluid tank has a cap on it with a phillips head on it, careful filling in the water, you drop that cap......well you know. also interested in what that relay costs, having a similar issue

Dieler

Reaction score
Thanks, found the reservoir. However, the tilt and trim working fine, was just that one hangup so i opted to not risk dropping the drain plug in the drink at this time. Wondering if it may have been an air pocket in the line? Boat was recently hauled on 50 mile trip to change marinas after winter storage. Ran her on the water 5 hours friday and 4 hours yesterday without issue. Will watch and see

fishiwish

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Sailfish and replaced the relay last year when my starboard motor would not lift. The lag on the starboard side is still an issue. I have just grown to ignore it as it seems everything I have tried has not remedied that which is simply an irritant.

seasick

Reaction score
Dieler said:
Thanks, found the reservoir. However, the tilt and trim working fine, was just that one hangup so i opted to not risk dropping the drain plug in the drink at this time. Wondering if it may have been an air pocket in the line? Boat was recently hauled on 50 mile trip to change marinas after winter storage. Ran her on the water 5 hours friday and 4 hours yesterday without issue. Will watch and see
Low fluid or air in fluid could cause similar issues but it is more likely that there would be more of a problem raising rather than lowering the motor since raising puts a bigger load on the pump. For that reason, I would lean towards electrical first. Just keep an eye on it because it is difficult to find out what is amiss until it gets worse.