Time to plane

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Curiosity has overcome, do any of you check on your time to get the boat from a idle position to up on plane with a normal (average) load? I believe , although I have not been out for awile, about 5 seconds for my 208 with the F200i4 dragging a 100 lb. kicker to get up and boogy. I will check again on my next trip out.....hopefully soon.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Like mileage and top end speed, it isn't anything I personally care about.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This was about prop function and ability to get on plane without stressing the outboard, getting the revs up fairly quickly. I think slow ability to plane may also show a lower WOT.
Yes I think we all "just hit it a go". just questioning the timeing in getting to go.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Oh sorry.

I never really timed it. My guess would be under 10 seconds. I always trim my motors all the way down and my tabs all the way up. I probably hit it harder than I need to, but I like to minimize the bow-rise and get on plane as quickly as possible. This is especially true if there is other boat traffic, because I want to be able to see ASAP and I want to minimize the time my "starting" wake persists.

Reactions: trapper