Time to upgrade

Davpet60

Reaction score
How about some options?? Selling my 2005 257 with twin 150s. Looking at a CC25, single diesel, REALLY nice boat. however concerned that it doesn't have a larger killbox or separate live well.

Love the Grady's, and really like the 282s (my price range puts me in the 2005-2006 range), but the Yamaha engine issues have me worried, although my 150s run like bulls.

Trailering a must (I have the truck to pull it), head wanted, not a port a potty, our fishing is 50% within 20 miles of shore, 25% back bay and 25% 50+ miles out. Don't want another center console, looking at a walk around or express. Wanting to buy before mid April.

Thoughts??

HBSteve

Reaction score
I support your 282 option. We have an 05 Sailfish 282 with/Yamaha 250s (with 850 hours). The engines run smooth, fast and dependable. We use it primiarly for coastal fishing and weekend runs to Catalina Island (26 miles each way) off the SoCal coast. My wife says the cabin gets pretty small after two days though. We keep ours in a slip and although its higher mainenance, we know we use it considerably more with the quick access (or just relaxing with the dock buddies). Nothing but good things to say about the 282.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The only issue with the 282 is that it has a beam greater than 8'6" and depending where you live can be a risk to trailer. You would need a special permit in my state.

1998sailfish

Reaction score
I second the 282 option.

Having owned a 272 Sailfish prior to our current Marlin 300 it sounds like your distances traveled would make the 282 a enjoyable experience. I say this as long as you do not plan any long distance trips without refueling.

Pursuit also builds a viable option to the 282 Sailfish. Their interior finishes have always been a touch above Grady. Too bad they cannot spend a bit more effort on designing the transom door :?