TIP: formable funnel for oil changes and other uses

bc282

Reaction score
tip:
check out the following. it's a vinyl coated lead sheet or flexible/formable sheet made from lead.
no affiliation or motive other than to share with fellow grady owners what i've used that has helped to make the messy ordeal of an oil change on an F225 much more pleasant and clean.
stores easily as it's flat and virtually can last forever.

http://www.newpig.com/pig/US/storage-ma ... -3975/0/20

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I've usually just used tin-foil (the HD kind, if I happen to have it) and just fold it over a few times. But that's a nice set-up. Good find. Interesting enough, they're located only a few minutes from where I went to college -- Penn State. Small world.

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I use the one shown by the OPto change the oil filter on my F225s and it works great. No mess in the engine.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Ono, another thing you can do for your snowblower (I just did it this Fall) is, if you have room for this, replace the plug with a short pipe extension. For about $2 at a local hardware store you can get a 2" or 3" (or whatever) pipe that screws directly into where the plug normally goes. Then just use a pipe cap to seal it. For mine, I just put a 2x4 under the track on the opposite side and it makes no mess. But, using that cool funnel would be good if you had to get around a wheel or something.