Tips for Replacing Rear Bilge Pump in GW Islander

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I was going through my final check out before launching my 2002 Islander and discovered that the hose connection on my aft bilge pump has broken off. Therefore, I need to replace the pump. Access to the pump location looks very difficult.

I'm looking for tips to access and replace this pump.

Thank you.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Where is the live well on that boat ? If it's in the stern , my bet is if you remove it , you will have great access to bilge pump. I could be wrong. Good luck. Also, it goes without saying, don't go offshore without having this replacement done.

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Where is the live well on that boat ? If it's in the stern , my bet is if you remove it , you will have great access to bilge pump. I could be wrong. Good luck. Also, it goes without saying, don't go offshore without having this replacement done.

The live well is not near the aft bilge

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I took a better look at this issue yesterday. There are two round access ports above the pump. However, the outboard really gets in the way. You can reach down one port at a time and reach the pump, but you cannot see what you are doing. I cannot see how the pump is attached to the boat. I just cannot figure out how to approach this repair.