Too funny not to share

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
For heaven's sakes.

Reminds me of the time we were anchored out with about 10 cabin cruisers in a cove overnight. Early AM one of the guys was tinkering with his motors, decided to fire it up to test it, and forgot he had it in gear at full throttle. There was some mad scrambling by a few folks on that one.

Another time an outboard cruiser was docked in front of us. He started his motor, threw it in reverse, it tilted up and cut a gash right in the bow of our boat, under the waterline. As long as we kept it up on plane it was out of the water. Made a quick trip to the boat yard.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Reminds me of the van conversion shop my company used for one of our customer's vehicles. It was a new van and the shop installing a work desk inside put drywall screws through the floor of the van and into the gas tank. We didn't know about it until we filled the tank to deliver it and gas started pouring everywhere. The conversion shop didn't own up to it and refused to pay to replace the gas tank. Needless to say, we never used them again.

striped bass

Reaction score
Reminds me when we converted the summer ell on our 1800 Federal house for year round living. The flooring contractor drove a screw into one of foot wide floorboards right into the copper hot water heating pipe under the floor where it ran under the floor by the entrance. We all heard the strange hissing and steam escaping from the floor. Up came the floor to fix the copper pipe!