Tournament 19 Helm Panel Upgrade

1966Mustang

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
fordsix.com
Model
Tournament 192
1/4" starboard. Used the bocatech nav/anchor switch, Garmin 54dv upgraded to latest, West Marine 585. Left some space for whatever future trim tab control under the VHF.

dash.jpg

1966Mustang

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
fordsix.com
Model
Tournament 192
How is this holding up? Any concerns with flexing due to the 1/4in thickness
@Blaugrana - No issues with the starboard flexing so far - but I know what you're saying. That said - it seems very rigid for this particular application/area. Added the bennett auto trim controls under the VHF.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Nice - I went with the 3/8 and did a bunch of routing on the backside so mine was flatter. I could have easily gone with the 1/4.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I just did mine and was pissed that the box is on a slant. One side is a little larger so it looks like it's crooked. I have the Dekit guy coming out to add the foam to the top. He was supposed to do install this week. Going to build storage cup holders in the old gauge area.

Attachments

• PXL_20210709_212147677.jpg
    PXL_20210709_212147677.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

1966Mustang

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
fordsix.com
Model
Tournament 192
Here is what it looks like currently. If I had to do it over, I would have put the ignition below the emblem on the bulkhead and a round gauge stereo below the round evinrude gauge. Also might have shifted the GPS over to the left. Working on the wiring in the cubby cuddy gave me neck and back problems for a month, so it is what it is - but it all works. If I do put in a stereo it'll be over in the passenger side glove box.

I do have all the original gauge cluster parts/bezel/flip cover as well.

The boat is for sale as well.
GW-3.jpg