Tournament 19 vs 192 -- SV2 hull?

Eric19Tourney

Reaction score
Well, I'm now a Grady White owner. I just picked up a 1990 Tournament 19. What a great little multipurpose boat. I've been a Grady fan for a long time, and I have always checked them out at boat shows. I'm mainly a Sea Ray cruiser, but I'm really looking forward to using this Grady and adding mods. I bet my Sea Ray will be sitting a lot more now.

Question --- In 94 when the redesigned Tournament 192 came out, did they actually change the hull at all? I'm wondering if the 192 got any hull changes to become an "SV2" hull. The obvious changes are the stern/transom, and the helm console. Other than that, though, the older 19 and newer 192 look identical. The bow seating, the deck, and the inner liner all look the same. From what I can see, the hull bottoms look the same too.

Thanks. And, here's some pics of my new purchase.

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DaleH

Reaction score
IMHO the changes in the hull profile are there, but whereas the waterline length of a 19' hull is < 17' ... you won't see, by eye, any appreciable difference in the variable V as she runs aft. But a side by side check using a gauge to a datum would show it.

Just run it and have fun with it - solid boat and great design!