Tournament 190 speaker configuration

eric

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a stereo/speakers in a tournament 19? I am thinking that keeping the stereo in the passenger compartment and running the speakers each side of the captain/passenger seat is the ideal setup. Has anyone done this? I would like to avoid cutting any holes but that may be unavoidable. Maybe making some sort of removable speaker box that sits in front of the cup holders on each side?

I would appreciate any ideas and experience in the difficulty taking on this task.

Thanks,

Eric

wireline

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Eric, any luck on deciding where to mount stereo & speakers. I also have a tounament 19 ,1989. Just purchased stero with 6" round speakers and have same delemma as far as where to install. If any body has any sugestions I will be glad to listen. Thanks
Wireline

delongo

Reaction score
Hi there - I have a 1994 tourney and i installed four 6-1/2 inch marine grade alpine round speakers and a marine grade sony deck last year. It sounds very nice and the speaker locations are perfect. So, i have the one up front (not the open bow portion) next to the captains chair and the other next to the passenger chair. These are especially great spots because the compartment that they are mounted in is hollow, so it sort of acts as a speaker box, hence giving it a better overall sound. The other two are in the rear, one on each side of the stern seats. I have the deck located in the glove compartment directly in front of the captains chair. This is great spot for me cause i didn't want to have to constantly open the door in front of the passenger seat. I've been really happy with the whole setup. Any other questions let me know, i can also take photos of my setup if you need some help. Hope this helps!

wireline

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Delongo, Thanks for the info. Yes if you have some pictures I would love to see them. I am sure they would be a great help.
Thanks
wireline

eric

Reaction score
Wireline & Richie Rich - sorry for the delay, I have had it in storage, just pulled her out last weekend. I haven't done anything yet. I'll work on some pics.

Delongo - I would also like to see some pics. I have not yet installed anything but plan to very soon. Did you drill through the gunnels? I would like to avoid drilling but realize that may be impossible. I was thinking I could fabricate some sort of speaker box (much like you describe) and wedge it (one on each side) under the gunnels at each front corner (next to the captains chair & the passenger seat). I already have the speaker wire run to both sides (under the walk through to the bow). I also have the deck in the passenger compartment.

I'd love to see pics.

Does anyone know of some waterproof tubing or covering I could use around the wiring under the gunnels (for the deck lights) and for the bow and stern lights? My connections tend to only last so long until the salt water gets the best of them.

richie rich

Reaction score
Eric, is the wire to those areas definitely marine grade? Are you losing just the connectors or is something happening further downstream? The connectors themselves should be covered with marine shrink tubing, either seperately or part of the connector itself....I use contact grease at the connection to keep salt and moisture out as well.

eric

Reaction score
Thanks Richie, I'll use the contact grease idea. I think its just the connectors.

Tcketcham

Reaction score
Know this is old, but planning on doing the same to my 85 190. Would love to see photos for some inspiration/ ideas . Thanks !!

wendyss

Reaction score
Know this is old, but planning on doing the same to my 85 190. Would love to see photos for some inspiration/ ideas .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rc Hobby|Rc Helicopters Reviews|Rc Helicopter