Tournament 192 replacement windshield

hardasset

Reaction score
I got caught in a wind storm today and a flying tow tube ripped off my starboard windshield. Does anyone know offhand whether the freedom 192 windshield will fit a 2002 192 Tournament? I’m sure this will cost an arm and a leg and so alternatively, has anyone found anything after market that looks decent? Thanks!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Do you have insurance?

I don't know the answer to the Freedom windshield question, but I'm sure your dealer can look up parts numbers to compare if they are the same. Along with finding out what years the same windshield was used.

Is Water Bonnett the manufacturer? Taylor Made? Look on the glass - it will tell you. If it's TM, make sure you are sitting down. I doubt WB is far behind, though.

Try looking/googling for salvaged boats. Also try Flounder Pounder.

I suppose this is a bit of morbid curiosity, but how did it happen?

hardasset

Reaction score
I had the kids in the boat with me and a storm blew up pretty suddenly. I got back to the dock and tied up and took the kids to the truck. The tube (three seater-weighs about 50 lbs dry and it was soaking wet) was in the cockpit laying pretty flat, but a gust of wind maybe 60-70mph picked up the tube and blew it out of the cockpit. As it did, it caught the side panel.

Jeepguy92

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Hey how did you make out with the windshield were you able to to repair it i have the same boat but I just need the hinge section because it froze and broke. Any help would be greatly appreciated, ive contatced taylor and grady white but neither are willing to help without a part number.

Willy-C

Reaction score

this place helped me with a tinted tempered glass exact replacement for a ‘92 Tournament. The owner was very helpful and gave out detailed instructions to DIY. They have the GW patterns.

Jeepguy92

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thank you ill definitely give them a try