Tournament 192

NHAngler

Reaction score
Wanted a 208 for the longest time, mostly for the protection for the wife and 8 year old son. If it were just myself and friends, center console - hands down. I also want to trailer my boat. I like to move around a lot and fish in a lot of different water bodies.

The Tournament 192 now seems like a good fit for my requirements. However, the only think I do not like about it is the swim platforms in the back. I see this as wasted space. Thoughts from those that own a 192 or models with the swim platforms? I noticed that the older 80's 192 models do not have them.

wireline

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
My 1989 190 has swim platform on port side, not realy wasted space . If your gonna tube or swim good to have, did you say you have a little one. Only problem is if you want to use downrigger off rear. If you realy don't like it, take it off & plug the holes. I have removed mine at this time to make a new one. Good all around boat you probably will be very happy.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Our previous Grady was 1998 192 and the euro stern was fine to me. We really loved the boat and fished it offshore on good days, great water sports boat and cruising lakes and rivers and the Intercoastal Waterway. We were in Fla a week ago down on the Gulf and it rained and rained. It got to the point we said what the heck, we need to do stuff even on the water. Center consoles may be the best fishing platform around, but when the weather comes, and it will, this style of boat is my least favorite. It is great for the captain, but the crew is wet.

I highly recommend the dual consoles from Grady, the 192, 205, 225 and up. Great family boats that can be fished hard too.