Tournament 225 Boat length help

Bama96

Reaction score
I am going to take a look at a 225 Tournament tomorrow. Just had a question regarding storage length. I am going to park the 225 Tournament in the same spot I had my 222 Fisherman. I assume it will fit. Aren't these the same hulls except for the bracket?? If so how much length is the motor bracket going to add? Is that bracket 3' long? Anyone know?

Thanks.

striped bass

Reaction score
Bama:
The bracket with engine is every bit of three feet, more like three and a half. The engine tilted in the up position stretches out the length even more.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
You are looking at 4 feet with the motor included. Honestly, it is impressive to see how the bracket can support the motor and deal with the forces associated with a boat moving through the water on 3 axis. I gotta say I like bracket as it opens up precious space on a smaller boat.

Bama96

Reaction score
Thanks. I was just wanting the bracket measurement. I had the same motor on the transom of the 222. It would just be the added bracket length. I think I will be ok at 3'. May have to angle the trailer more or move the fence back. :D Heres a picture of the 222 at my beach townhouse. I have about three foot behind the motor to the fence. Going to be tight.

1017081545a-1.jpg

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
The other factor here is how she sits on the trailer. Some folks get beefier longer trailers while others go the other way trying to max out a trailer. From the looks of it you should be fine Bama even with the bracket.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
can you leave that at the marina? i know a few marinas with ramps up here that have an option to leave a boat on a trailer. ron

striped bass

Reaction score
Bama:
You are probably going to have to raise the engine to get the prop and lower unit over that RR tie beam at the end of your driveway. More distance required to park the boat.

Send a pic when you get the new rid.