Tournament 225 Questions

Pauleye

Reaction score
I am looking to move on my first saltwater boat, a used Tournament 225. I will check it out on Friday and buy after a sea trial but I'd like to know a few things up front:

- Can I fit comfortably in the head compartment at 6' tall and 195 lbs?
- Can I access the bilge easily?
- Should I be concerned that this model is 6" narrower than all its competitors?
-Any problems with Bennet hydraulic tabs?
-Any first hand bad experiences?

Thanks

striped bass

Reaction score
Pauleye:
The head is a tight fit. Don't even bother. You won't make it especially if at sea when the boat is rocking and rolling. The 275 or 307 Tournament are the only two Tournaments that can fit a full grown person comfortably.

Bilge is not accessed easily. Perhaps through the transom lockers. Some earlier 225s had limited access through the rear bench hatches.

I was on the Edgewater 245 CSX and it felt smaller. The companion way was definitely a tighter fit. The other bow riders did not register as being smaller either.

Bennetts work fine for me.

I'm trying to think of any bad experiences and have not come up with any. The 225 has served all our purposes with flying colors. The 225 is a coastal family cruiser and not meant for big time off shore or cannon fishing excursions. Keep that in mind and you will be very happy.