Tournament 255

Bama96

Reaction score
Won't have any more room than the 225 Tournament. The euro transom eats the extra 2.5' up. The 225 with the full transom and a bracket is just as big IMO. Don't understand this one Grady White. Why not put a bracket on it?

Bill_N

Reaction score
It's just a sketch but if the proportions are correct you're right. Another euro transom waste of space.

Ed Bukala

Reaction score
Freedom 255

This is a bigger boat than the 225 and a wider/longer hull means more boat in the water, and that is always a plus is it not. Also with a transom door, hard top option, theoretical larger head compartment, more freeboard just to name a few items, will make this boat very attractive. I think Grady is going to have a real winner with this model especially up here in the part of Canada where I live and boat, the Great Lakes.
Bukster

DBV

Reaction score
I really like the look of this boat, as I prefer the euro transom compared to the extended bracket on the 225. Looks much sleeker.

Bama96

Reaction score
Looks like they are building the hull around the F350 V8. Wonder if there is going to be an option for twin 150s? Just not a fan of the euro. The engine bracket is much more efficient use of space IMO.

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I was wondering when they would do this... I thought they would replace the 225 with this, because as everyone else noted, it is the same basic boat just with a euro transom instead of a bracket. I would want to get on board one before voting which I would prefer, but it looks pretty nice.

GWcpa

Reaction score
Oddly, it is the "Freedom" not a Tournament... It is a bigger boat than the 225, and probably GW wants to move away from brackets...everyone else is.

Petefish

Reaction score
The bracket rules. The 225 Tournament is like a 24 footer compared to any other companies 22 DC because of the bracket. I live in North Jersey and checked out a Scout 22 DC at Lima and Son's. They were a Grady Dealer for a long time and switched to Scout They said that Scout is a better boat. After spending 5 minutes on the 22 Scout I decided to purchase my 2003 Grady White Tournament 225. Boat felt much more solid and way bigger than the Scout with the molded (waste of space) transom. Not bashing Scout or Lima and Son's just love the Grady.