Tournament Dash Livewell & Raw water toggle switches

markb8608

Reaction score
Hello
I have a 1999 225Tournament. I bought it used and put on a new outboard.
I noticed the raw water washdown pump won't go on until I switch on both the livewell and raw water switches on the dashboard.
The wiring at the fuse panel and on the switches themselves look original (i.e. to dealer) Any ideas why I would need to turn on both switches. I cannot
Thanks in advance
mark

Tournament223

Reaction score
Can you use the livewell and the washdown at the same time....Are they different switches? do you have a Y valve in the battery compartment in the back of the boat under the seat? you can only operate one at a time using the y valve?// Let me know

markb8608

Reaction score
On separate switches-

Hi Tim
Thanks for your reply. Yes they are on separate switches;however I cannot run the raw water wash down with first turning on the live baitwell. ( does this sound like it is operating correctly?)
I will check for a Y-connection on starboard side under seat cushion. I will let you know.
Kind regards
Mark

markb8608

Reaction score
only 1 pump for raw water and live well

Hi Tim
Thanks very much for your responses. I have only one pump for both raw water wash down and live well. I looked on the port-side near battery and did not see any t-connection. I see the raw water hose but it goes straight down below towards the bilge and enters some type of plastic connection. But I cannot see the actual connection (even with a telescoping mirror) due to the confluence of live well drainage & fresh water inlet lines & bottom of bait well etc) (p. I should be seeing a t-connection somewhere around there? Where could reach a "valve", particularly in such a tight spot?
I also looked on starboard side near the actual raw water/ live well pump but I did not see any t-connection.
Thinking about, I guess it makes sense to have one pump, but why would you need two electrical switches? That is what has me stumped.
Mark

Tournament223

Reaction score
Mark my switch on the dash is a toggle switch...Up for livewell--- down for washdown..Middle is off....I have 1 pump and I have to move the yvalve to either washdown or livewell and hit the switch on dash to livewell or washdown...I have seen guys do away with this setup and put 2 separate pumps switches etc..