trailer bunk adjusment for a gulfstream 232

massgrady

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 209
hi looking for some recommended bunk trailer width sets up so i can adjust my trailer for my 2002 gulfstream … 17.5” or
30.5 from center line on boat …. does anyone know if that measurement is center mark on bunk or outside or inside ? thanks

seasick

Reaction score
All options will be fine, center of bunk, outside of bunk, or inside of bunk. The reality is that a few inches either way does't make a big difference especially in light of the fact that your chances of aligning the hull exactly over the bunks when hauling are about zero:)

Reactions: massgrady

seasick

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that if your bunks do not rotate but rather are fixed, the spot where the load is supported may not be the center of the bunk edge. For example if the bunks are 2 by lumber, unless that are mounted at the same exact angle of the hull (and all along the length of the bunk) , the bunk top edge won't sit flat on the hull).
I suggest you worry about something else:)

Reactions: massgrady

massgrady

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 209
I forgot to mention that if your bunks do not rotate but rather are fixed, the spot where the load is supported may not be the center of the bunk edge. For example if the bunks are 2 by lumber, unless that are mounted at the same exact angle of the hull (and all along the length of the bunk) , the bunk top edge won't sit flat on the hull).
I suggest you worry about something else:)
thank you for the reply my bunks are 4” wide and have a angle cut throughout the whole bunk …