Trailer bunk poly strips ?????

ttles714

Reaction score
Has anyone used the poly type strips used to replace trailer bunk carpeting ? My Florida bought 30' Marlin (about 11K lbs) doesn't load and unload to well on its bunk trailer here at the ramps in NJ. I would appreciate any feedback from any one who has used them. I have a concern as to whether or not they would make a difference and also as to whether the weight of this boat would gouge the strips or the hull.

Teamwork

Reaction score
Wesco Made our trailors for both the 28 Sailfish and the 330 express. In SC our tidal range is approx 6 feet. As long as you keep the boat hooked up when backing down or hauling out the poly bunks make launching and retrival the only way to go.. We wouldn't launch without them.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Teamwork said:
Wesco Made our trailors for both the 28 Sailfish and the 330 express. In SC our tidal range is approx 6 feet. As long as you keep the boat hooked up when backing down or hauling out the poly bunks make launching and retrival the only way to go.. We wouldn't launch without them.
Are your entire bunks poly or did you just put the strips on top of your wooden bunks?

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have poly strips over the wood bunkers. Nice and easy to launch and retrieve my 208. They also make a spray stuff that really makes it slick. I never had a problem in 4 years of in and out.