Trailer for 265 express

Lucky13

Reaction score
Looking into buying a 265 express but it does not have a trailer. CAn anyone recomend someone they have used to get a trailer or what type would be best for this boat. I see some posted on line that are for sale with double axle trailers but the trailer people I am talking to all say that boat should have a tripple axle trailer. They are also saying cost is about the same to build also so would love to hear feedback from the 265 owners here.

Thanks

Sea Shift

Reaction score
I just did the same thing. Picked up a 265 from North Carolina and had is shipped to California. Grady white says a tandem axel trailer is sufficient. I opted for a triple axel. I highly recommend the triple if for nothing else peace of mind. If you are going to tow it is VERY nice. I also upgraded the brakes to Electronic over hydraulic. I have towed many boats and the little bit of slack in the adjuster is just a pain in my opinion. With the E/h you have a hard tung and the 265 tows like a dream. Oh ya, my trailer was built by Pacific Trailer. Let me know if you need anything else.

gw204

Reaction score
I had a tandem under my old 25' Sailfish and it was fine. That hull was very close in dimensions and weight to the 265.

Desperado

Reaction score
I had an 8 lug double made for my Sailfish from Hitech Marine. A heavy tandem will do just fine for you.

Salinity Now

Reaction score
I bought a Venture tri-axle, 10600# capacity, surge brakes on all 3 axles, mine is a bunk trailer with centering bunks forward and I opted for guide poles on the back (I load and offload solo alot) it works like a charm, steep ramps are tough, but Ive trailered that thing from GA to VA for 2 years now and really had no issues, you should rotate the tires frequently and be sure to keep the surge mechnisim extended during long periods of inactivity. But other than that its been great. Brakes arent my favorite, will probably be reconditioning them this winter, but still for the price it is a nice trailer.