trailer for marlin 300

manners98

Reaction score
I am looking for a good trailer that will make it easy to pull my 2006 marlin 300 which I bought this summer .What are some of the better trailer brands? I heard that road king and ace trailer are pretty good. Any input appreciated.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Where are you located?

Some may disagree, but I would characterize the trailer manufacturers like this:

Mass producers....generally made from the same parts....large dealer networks...(Road King, Magic Tilt, Continental, Load Rite, EZLoader)

Smaller regional producers - also generally made from the same parts but sold factory direct. Most of these guys are in FL (Float On, Loadmaster, Ace, TNT, Real Extreme)

Custom Trailer manufacturers - They build something that fits your boat and only your boat. Generally sell factory direct. Not nearly the volume as the big boys but you generally get a better product. Frequently competitive price-wise with the other guys. You will need to pick it up or coordinate shipping but these guys do it all the time. (Owens and Sons, Sporttrail, Ameratrail, Boatmaster.)

Shop around....my experience has been that you can get a custom trailer for the boat for about the same price, and it's much easier to use.

What are you towing with? That Marlin is heavy.....

devildogdad

Reaction score
curious, what are you going to pull this with. I have a Marlin and it is a beast. I could not imagine pulling that and backing it onto a ramp. You are a braver man than I am. :D

manners98

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I am located at ma.I need a trailer for winter storage ...marlin can sits on, not for the launching.
I believe the wet weight including engine can be easily 12,000lb.

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a triple ax continental with light truck tires and electric over hydraulic breaks. Trailer works great, it's a 2005 and is still in great shape. I pull mine with a 2500 4x4 diesel. It's really not a big deal once you get use to it.