Trailer for new Freedom 235

BobbyMac

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I have a 2021 Freedom 235. One option for winter storage is to buy a bunk-style trailer, haul out at the end of the season, winterize, and have it sit on the trailer until spring. Then perform the spring ritual of “making her beautiful” for spring launch.
So the trailer is used twice a year transporting to and from the water.
What is the good quality, cost effective brand of trailer to seek out?

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
A few things to consider. Is the boat sitting on a trailer at the boat yard ?? trailering home ? distance to home ? If its purely a 2x a year storage and its crazy local I would find a used double axle bunk cheap !! Most boat trailers are more than adequate for what you seem to need. save the money on a trailer. The boats a 2021 not sure what kind of electronics are on board or what you need. You dont need a flashy custom built unit. Just my thoughts

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Something to consider - or at least know about - with minimal use like that, the brakes will either require lot's of attention to keep them working so they don't freeze up on you... or... if you're going a short distance on back roads... just remove them and replace the coupler with a non-braking one. Possibly, talking with a good, local dealer... you may be able to order it without.

Tidewater is a good, inexpenive trailer to look into if you can't find a decent used one. Although, "good" used trailers are often hard to find. Stay away from Venture - you'll find them all over the place online, but I've had lots of experience with those and they are extremely "hit or miss" in terms of quality.

Reactions: PointedRose

Joe_C

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
My new 215 came with a Wesco trailer model B-ALC-2259T. I think it sells for about $5k. This is a top-of-the-line trailer with welded aluminum frame, very nice alloy wheels, spare mounted, surge disc brakes on all 4 wheels, dual-speed winch, etc. etc. I probably will trailer the boat 5,000 miles/year in fresh and salt water.

JM321

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Nice aluminum bunk trailers I would recommend is AmeraTrail or Owen & Sons.

Crazyfish1

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Nice aluminum bunk trailers I would recommend is AmeraTrail or Owen & Sons.
Wessco makes a very good strong bunk trailer you need for Grady

Crazyfish1

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Wessco makes a good strong bunk trailer you need for Grady