Trailer recommendation for 2000 232 Gulfstream

Finatic

Reaction score
I'm looking for advice from any Gulfstream owners that trailer their boat. I'm thinking about purchasing a trailer for my boat to use on seasonal haul outs, emergency situations and possibly bringing my boat from Ocean City up to the Chesapeake for the trophy striper seasons. My preference is for an aluminum I-beam with bunks in an effort to keep the overall towing weight down but I am open to suggestions. Based upon my calculations, I'm looking at a total weight of approximately 6200lbs (that includes hull 4092lbs, engines 950lbs, and fuel 1080lbs). I think I should look for at least a 7000lb capacity trailer but I would be interested in what brands and models everyone else is using with their Gulfstream.

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I ordered a aluminum trailer from Fastload in Fla. I told them I had a Gulfstream and wanted it to fit with no problems as I was buying a boat in the water and wanted to load it and get down the road.It worked out good for me ,in 2007 the price was like 4600.00 plus 300.00 to deliver it to the Illinois/Indiana border.It had cheap bias ply tires but they still work as I just use it to store it on for the winter.Could not beat it for the price. Just make sure all the bolts are tight when you get it.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm looking at Venture trailers for my 1994 Sailfish mainly due to cost - about $4k for an aluminum bunk trailer. There is a place in CT listing them on EBAY for even less - right now there is a 2013 Venture VATB-7225lb Aluminum bunk trailer listed at $3295. My local Venture dealer said he could not meet those prices on Ebay so I don't know what is going on there. I'm looking at the 8725 lb model and expect to never leave the boat yard with it.

If you email Grady White customer service they will send you the trailer specs for your year. I did for 1994 and in that year they listed the Gulfstream max weight at 6800 lbs and the length from the bow eye to the transom at 250"