trailer set up for a full transom with bracket, outbaord

fishingstories

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 24 offshore with a bracket and a 225 outboard. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to set up the trailer so that somehow I can brace the bracket onto the trailer. It must be alot of stress on the transom to haul the boat around and the motor bouncing around back there.

Any suggestions? pics?

wilson

Reaction score
i put my trailer tires on 2x12's, and a stack a cynder blocks with a few wood shims from a 2x12 that was plained on a angle. it took a few tries but when the boat has good pitch the block and wood pad contact the bracket. a few more turns takes alot of the weight (2-200's) off the transom. this winter i'll reconfigure so the tires can come off and plastic wrap the axle ends. as far over the road trailering, drive it like a human being and avoid pot holes and high speed driving. you should be fine esp with one motor.

wilson

Reaction score
sorry, i wanted to say that is how i leave my boat for extended periods. for transporting the boat my rollers go close to the edge of the transom, i do not know of any trailers that support the bracket. yes, i believe that is alot of effective weight hanging on the transom. but the bolt pattern is spread wide, thus putting the weight over a wide area. just try to avoid road hazards like holes and bumps esp at speed. i do support the bracket when i get back to the house, it must help, while my transom has some moisture in it, it remains strong with no deflection.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Your motor should not be bouncing, can't be in full tilt position. Will do some damage to motor, not boat. All the same if motor was on transom.

Just imagine flying out of the water at WOT over a swell and landing hard, now that's a lot of stress !

fishingstories

Reaction score
was thinking about extending the trailer about 3 foot out just below the keep so i can support the bracket or outbaord with a thing similar to the transom saver. Trailering this has got to be hard on the transom. any kind of support would be better than nothing I would think.

gw204

Reaction score
It's not necessary. There is zero bracket in the water when running and you get more forces applied in those conditions than when trailering.

fishingstories

Reaction score
yeah, you are right but it couldn't hurt to support it during long road trips. maybe I am just paranoid. but thanks.