Trailer sources and prefered manufacturers

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
There is a 24ft explorer I'm close to closing a deal on and it needs a trailer. I'd like to pick up a used one, but haven't had much luck looking at CraigLook or Boat Trader. Any suggestions?

If I go new, who makes the best bang for the buck and what should I expect to pay. I've seen list prices from $2500 - $3500. If this is list, what should I offer?

Thanks!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Where are you located? There are numerous regional manufacturers. For example:

In FL: Loadmaster, Owens and Sons, Nextrail, Continental, Slide on, Hi-Tech, Boatmaster, Float on, etc...

In the Carolinas: Wesco, Road King

in the Mid-ATL and NE: Load Rite, Venture

In TX: McClain

in the West: Pacific, Trail Rite

That doesn't include the companies who, generally speaking, have distributors nationwide. These include EZ Loader, Magic Tilt, etc...

Generally speaking, I'd focus on the features. Look for aluminum, SS hardware, Kodiac Disc brakes, Torsion Axles, Front centering bunks, etc...

Average Joe

Reaction score
After seven seasons with a galvanized Venture 4700lb roller trailer I just purchased a Loadmaster aluminum 6000lb bunk trailer. I never was happy with the Venture but it got the job done and when came time to start replacing a bunch of components again I decided to trade up. Loadmaster has a great reputation and there are a lot of them here in VA.

www.loadmastertrailer.com

The local Loadmaster dealer gave me $500.00 trade in on my old trailer which obviously reduce the cost of a new one and relieved me from having to dispose of it. I went with the all SS hardware option and slick pads on the fwd bunks. $3450.00 before trade in.

Butcherboy

Reaction score
If you go new it's easier to go the 20-25% heavier capacity that most recommend. If your around fresh water a used one could be a reasonable option.........Tom