Transducer interference

seasick

Reaction score
I am looking at installing a new plotter/sonar in one of my boats. I am interested in the new Simrad GO7 or 9 XSR model with totalscan transducer. I have an much older Lowrance unit that I would like to keep to use mainly for echo and depth. It has a single frequency transducer at 200kHz
My thoughts based on research leads me to thing that if I configure the new Simrad for 85kHZ, I may be able to use both in echo mode as well as Simrad sidescan/chirp. If I can use both units, a GO7 will be fine. If I can't run both I probably will need to get the 9 inch screen. Space for mounting is an issue.

Anyone out there have feedback on either the Simrad GO series in general and/or the use of two sounders with two separate transducers?
The GO XSR is relatively new but is functionally equivalent to the GO XSE if that helps.

Thanks,
Seasick

Denko

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have the discontinued GO7, used for 2 years on my boat. These little units are really impressive, I use mine mainly for sonar, and some Navionics Live stuff. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run your old unit @ 200k and set the totalscan for med chirp with no interference. With that being said I haven't done it, but I do have two transducers on the boat running at the same time. A speed and depth probe running at 77k, and a high chirp xducer running 150-250k and everything works fine. Good luck!

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I have simultaneously run a Lowrance m86c with a glued-down shoot-thru and a Lawrence Elite5dsi with a transom mount. Excellent, no problems.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have Garmin 5208 with the GSD22 sounder powering an Airmar transducer (200 and 50 KHZ) and a GT-51TN sidescan which is powered by a Garmin 94sv and there is no apparent interference.

Denko

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Forgot to mention that my old boat had a lowrance that could display a dual freq., 50/200K split screen. I always found it interesting to watch the differences between the 2, gives a better total picture of whats beneath the boat :goodjob