Transducer Mounting

Shamsul Hasan

Reaction score
I am fixing an Airman B260 through hull transducer with high speed fairing on my GW300,I will be cutting the fairing to align the transducer facing vertical.The fairing will not fit in the boat's transducer flats,so ill have to mount the fairing over the flat.The flat underneath the fairing surface will be hollow.I was thinking of either filling this with a wood or sealant. Need advice??

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I Just mounted one of these, with no issues, right on the ducer flat. I cant quite understand the issue your trying explaining. More info??
Chris

Shamsul Hasan

Reaction score
saltypup said:
I Just mounted one of these, with no issues, right on the ducer flat. I cant quite understand the issue your trying explaining. More info??
Chris

I am mounting the ducer with the high speed fairing which is 22inches in length 5.4 inches in width.If I mount the ducer without the fairing like I did on my 282 it will fit in the ducer flat without any issues.Even after shaving the fairing to align it with the boat,s deadrise its length will still be longer than the ducer flat.

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes I understand now, I made a mistake as I installed a B744 ducer. that B260 is much larger. Well if anything I would let the excess hang off the back of the flat or just reshape the fairing at the back to make it shorter. It appears there is a lot of material or area on the back of that fairing between the ducer and end of fairing. Just make it into a custom fairing

Shamsul Hasan

Reaction score
Yes I will customize the fairing and definetly reduce the length.My issue is with the ducer flat,once I mount the fairing it will cover the flat.Should I leave the flat hollow or fill it with wood and sealent before mounting the ducer??