Transom Mount Bait Station

athomp228

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Anyone aware of this setup? Assuming it's custom. Found on "Dan Londero's Sweet Grady White Marlin 300" on YT.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-212712_YouTube~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-212712_YouTube~2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 93

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Never seen that particular set up, but it would not be my choice. The open back and sides make it too easy to lose stuff, even just cleaning fish. I am constantly spraying off the table, and the fillets, knife, etc. are often washed against the back board, with the slots in it for draining.
also, with that tool rack across the back, if something doesn’t bounce out, eventually a guest will drop a tool overboard, or on that shiny engine cowling, and somebody’s going to get their feelings hurt.

Reactions: Byram

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I bet thats custom.

I'm building one for my Seafarer right now. Built the "rigging station" out of starboard. That part is done. But the legs are going to be aluminum and my father is welding now. I've been slowing him down by buying the wrong aluminum. Will post pics when done. it's going to be much more than a fillet station though. That wouldn't have been worth the effort. More of a workstation for the boat. I hate bending over for stuff.

Reactions: JJMag

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yes, Short Marine.

I’ve been working for a US company for the past 4 years and I get a yearly bonus, which I have never received before. Not a big thing in Aust. So I decided it is my “By the Boat Bling Bonus” and lashed out and bought the Bait Station. They shipped it to me and I installed it myself. I was concerned about how well it was mounted. It’s mounted through the gunnels by 8x8mm bolts with a 4mm stainless full width backing plate. So it is rock solid. The only let down in the design was that the two drain hoses stuck out through the sides of the frame and hung over the transom. Really messy. So I installed 2 x 1” thru-hulls through the gunnels for the hoses to drain into. The 2 x 1” hoses off the thru-hulls are connected to T fitting and drain through the transom via another 1” thru-hull.9E17E57C-880C-4404-B71F-E4D154AD003B.jpeg548A90EF-8E74-4635-AA47-3BE231E60233.jpegEE318464-CBF5-490D-921E-4A0C3299A139.jpeg

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Wow gorgeous work. I'm building one to go in the same spot on the same boat. It's cantilevered out over the livewell, pretty far. So it's comfortable working but I can still use the stock rod holders in front of livewell. Design of legs isn't going to be as nice as yours though! Currently I'm using 2 2" aluminum legs with 4x4" base flanges. Haven't mounted yet. I hope that is going to be stable.

Thanks for the pics. I was screen shoting the Captain video your boat was in to get inspiration.

Besides the drain would you do anything different. Make removable?

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Wow gorgeous work. I'm building one to go in the same spot on the same boat. It's cantilevered out over the livewell, pretty far. So it's comfortable working but I can still use the stock rod holders in front of livewell. Design of legs isn't going to be as nice as yours though! Currently I'm using 2 2" aluminum legs with 4x4" base flanges. Haven't mounted yet. I hope that is going to be stable.

Thanks for the pics. I was screen shoting the Captain video your boat was in to get inspiration.

Besides the drain would you do anything different. Make removable?
Not my boat in the Captain's video, but that is where I saw it first, then contacted Short Marine. The build a few. Mine was being built at the same time as another.
Had to take out the livebait tank (which is easy) to mount the bait station only to find there is a horizontal fiberglass lip that blocks access to the mounting bolts. A bit of blind hole sawing was needed to get the nuts on. Then a couple of days before all the fibreglass was out of my arms. Lesson: Wear a long sleeved shirt and gloves.

Reactions: PNW_Drifter

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Oh interesting. I've seen some really cool boats and tables come out of Australia, too bad shipping is a bit cost prohibitive to the "states".