Transom mounted transducer on Voyager, Journey, Advance, etc

ralph85

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a transom mount transducer on one of the models mentioned or other model with the integral swim platform? Where did you install it? (Pics?). Did it hold bottom?

I had assumed if I installed it on the back of the platform (near the engine) it wouldn't hold bottom when moving, so i was considering installing it down by the garboard drain, but would have to secure the wire to the underside of the platform. However, I was told a transom mount transducer wouldn't work at all on my Voyager.

ralph85

Reaction score
Re: Transom mounted transducer on Voyager, Journey, Advance,

No one using a transom mount transducer on one of these hulls????

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to install a transom mount transducer? Any transducer will have installation instructions in the manual. But the general idea is that a transducer will NOT work unless it's in contact (actually slightly under, in reality) with the water. There must be no air gap and a clean supply of water (no turbulence). Other than that, there's no much else to it.

Fishtales

Reaction score

I'm not a fan of drilling into the transom of a boat in general, with a wood cored one - even more.

gradywhite248

Reaction score

Here are Photos on a 1999 Voyager of a Garmin Install works well for the past three years.

Attachments

• 1276.JPG
    1276.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 440
  • 1275.JPG
    1275.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 438
  • 1277.JPG
    1277.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 440

gradywhite248

Reaction score

gradywhite248 said:
Here are Photos on a 1999 Voyager of a Garmin Install works well for the past three years.

Sorry about the quality

ralph85

Reaction score

Thanks 248. That's exactly what i was looking for and pretty much what i had planned. I was actually thinking of bringing the transducer wire up thru the vent hole in the trim tab pocket, but i'm going to have to cut & reconnect the cable. It looks like you drilled thru and used some sort of waterproof fitting. Do you have any information on that fitting? Did you have to cut the transducer cable?

gradywhite248

Reaction score

Sorry,
Been awhile since I have been on the site, Hope you got it done.... The fitting was already installed with the original system. Did not cut cable,cable end passed thru fine..\