Transportation from sw Florida to Massachusetts

Ripple

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Looking for recommendations including approx. price to transport a Gulfstream 232 from sw Florida to Massachusetts using hauler's own trailer. Prefer not to rely on Uship. Many thanks.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Did you have a bad experience with uship? Reason I ask is that I've had numerous customers use them with good results. I guess it really all depends on which particular transporter you end up choosing. Also try googling for hot shot trailering/delivery, etc.

If you can't find someone with their own trailer, buy one in Florida and then resell it in Mass.

Pighunter

Reaction score
Well I used U-ship last May to haul a 228 seafarer from North Carolina to Ca. He hauled if on my trailer and it was right around $3000 and I can't say enough good things about the driver. I did get bids to have my boat and trailer hauled on a flatbed $5000 and up. All I can say is if they pull it on your trailer make sure your bearings and tires are up for the trip.

Reactions: Ripple

Ripple

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Did you have a bad experience with uship? Reason I ask is that I've had numerous customers use them with good results. I guess it really all depends on which particular transporter you end up choosing. Also try googling for hot shot trailering/delivery, etc.

If you can't find someone with their own trailer, buy one in Florida and then resell it in Mass.
Thanks for your reply. For a prior delivery, i posted to Uship. All of the quotes were very high compared to the ones I got by me directly contacting marine transportation companies. Also, I have read in some other forums that the posters had to do a lot of due diligence once getting a quote and decided against it afterwards. So, I'm looking for recommendations from good boaters who have had good experiences with their haulers.

Pighunter

Reaction score
My experience with you ship is bids are very reasonable, the beauty of it is you just keep getting bids until you like what you read. Not sure what you mean by due diligence? But it was a breeze, you want to put in your requirements, for instance I wanted a text or call at the end of every day telling you where your boat is.
I had a shop in North Carolina install new tires before the trip they were supposed to do new bearings also but they called me and said I didn't need bearings so I said okay. Imagine my anxiousness when the driver called me at 6:00 PM on a Friday with a bearing out on my trailer. I didn't sleep all night even though the driver assured me it was okay. He had to travel over 200 miles on three tires to a shop that I had pre-called and arranged a repair. Took him from 6 pm Friday till 2 PM Saturday to travel 200 miles and get it repaired.He earned a very large tip.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Also, I have read in some other forums that the posters had to do a lot of due diligence once getting a quote and decided against it afterwards. So, I'm looking for recommendations from good boaters who have had good experiences with their haulers.
Disregard most of what you read on forums (other than this one, of course!). "Due dilligence" could be something as simple as the carrier requiring the boat owner to have the boat shrink wrapped. That would be a perfectly acceptable request from the carrier - even though some people out there would expect the carrier to do that. Wrong. The carrier is simply the carrier - boat prep is on the owner - unless of course a carrier offers that service (for a fee, of course).

I can only relay the dozen or so of my customer's experience, but they were all pleased.

Reactions: Pighunter

Bg56126

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I used Laz from Luxury Boat transport and had an awesome experience. It was cheap, on-time and great communication. I think he is based in Florida. His number is 305-467-5858.

Sibs

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I had a 33 express hauled from Alabama coast to Falmouth ma. Highly recommend G and G of south Florida (786) 306-4457. They came highly recommended by friend that owns marina in old saybrook ct. They were timely, sent me pics of pickup, text me status updates of location. Meet them at marina to offload and paid them then. They did this last spring 2 weeks out when everyone was 6-8 weeks out and was several thousand less than other quotes.

Djd1357

Reaction score
JLP Management LLC
Boat Transport
Mobile +1 352-277-4324

No affiliation, transported my 273 from NC to Florida and he used his own trailer. Professional. On time. Respectful. Fairly priced. Highly recommend.