trickle down economics helps boat builders

slipkid

Reaction score
Uncljohn,

I am going to feel REAL bad for you if you lose your job because instead of the rich getting richer the rich get poorer and and have to fire some of their employees.

Just kidding, I am NOT going to feel bad. Nor am I going to feel bad for any of my employees who lose their job because of my economic hardship.

TBone

Reaction score
Re: Update, trickle down in action.

HiJack said:
Update, trickle down in action. Our new-boat purchase will help a lot of people feeling the pinch from the latest turn down in the stock market. We contracted for a new 86 at the Annapolis boat show. It has better private crew quarters and advanced systems. Right now must be a good time for boats in this class because the yard has two other new contracts ahead of ours. Until the boat is ready we’ll use our 74 this winter that we keep in the Windward’s, a nice boat but it is 2 years old and lacked a number of things that we thought were important.

Yes HiJack, that is the proof in the pudding! And congrats! 8) 8) 8)

But unfortunatley there are those that dont want to believe that it actually works that way, their jelousy blinds them from reality.....

Im happy that somone makes it rich and can afford to do what ever the hell they want! HELL isnt that what we are all trying to do????

Just because I can't do that does not mean I should hate him for doing it.

WORK HARD, ACHIEVE, AND FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA! :wink: :wink: :wink:

And HiJack, thanks for spending your wealth for business in America, rather than outside the country, which you could have just as easily done!

Gone fishing

Reaction score
spending your wealth in America.

yes I made the purchase in Annapolis but the broker is from the Cayman's and I am not sure where the boat will be built. That is just the way it works for big ticket items. The American agent that will handle the transfers will be paying American taxes.

I am going to feel REAL bad for you if you lose your job

I couldn't be a plumber in Ohio since I could hardly survive on the 250,000 that they are reported to make, in fact my wife can spend that in just a week abroad. Actually, I thought the average trades person made more than that. So who makes less than 250,000???

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
HiJack said:
spending your wealth in America.

yes I made the purchase in Annapolis but the broker is from the Cayman's and I am not sure where the boat will be built. That is just the way it works for big ticket items. The American agent that will handle the transfers will be paying American taxes.

I am going to feel REAL bad for you if you lose your job

I couldn't be a plumber in Ohio since I could hardly survive on the 250,000 that they are reported to make, in fact my wife can spend that in just a week abroad. Actually, I thought the average trades person made more than that. So who makes less than 250,000???

Do any of these words mean anything to you?

BLOW HARD
BIG BLOW HARD
TOOL
NET PIMP

Because the way you toot your own horn about yourself tells alot about you as a person. Just think about that because if you do it here I bet alot of people you deal with face to face think the same way about you and you have no clue.

But then again your a real big shot so whatever. :roll:

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wow some of these replies are craxy on here. It is very simple, regardless of your wealth, if the rish are taxed heavily it will effect you as well. Who works the jobs who build for the upper class? If they are not spending money your not working so who cares about some break in taxes you may get if you have no job...its simple and stupid if this concept is not seen. I agree the middle class and lower class often get shafted but unfortunatley that is how it is and is going to be for a while, yes I think we need change, but this change is bad for ALL!!! Remember the luxry tax on boats years back, no boats sold, companies went under and many jobs were lost, well that will happen in ALL industries, cars, marine, anything with travel and so on...it will effect all classes so this is a BAD idea plain and simple. I work in the boating indusrty and know how it effects it, were already seening it big time before any of this, if this happens there will be no industry and none of us on here will be operating our boats much because it will get way worse, and yes it can get much worse.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Some think companies will give up profit so others benefit. What are they smoking? In a large company, if their profits are not in line or what is expected, their stock tanks. In a small company, they give less bonus or cut employees. That's the way the world operates.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
[quote="HiJack I could hardly survive on the 250,000 that they are reported to make, in fact my wife can spend that in just a week abroad. [/quote]

So she can afford my stud fee.

uncljohn

Reaction score
slipkid said:
Uncljohn,

I am going to feel REAL bad for you if you lose your job because instead of the rich getting richer the rich get poorer and and have to fire some of their employees.

Just kidding, I am NOT going to feel bad. Nor am I going to feel bad for any of my employees who lose their job because of my economic hardship.

this speaks volumes.

1) you don't care about your employees

2) rich people never get any poorer (and will fire as many employees as necessary to maintain their economic status)

Thus we've exposed the 2 major issues with today's economy. I'm sure when you were making the motherload of $ in the past 10 years, you trickled that wealth down to your employees in the form of bonuses and raises and they're doing pretty well. :lol:

slipkid

Reaction score
uncljon,

Damn straight this speaks volumes and I hope people think hard about it before Nov 4.

Actually, I do care about my employees and they have done VERY well over the past ten years. This year however, profits are down 30% so guess what? No raise or bonus for the employees. Do you know why, because if we don't at least stop spending more money there will be no job for the employees OR me next year. If renenue/profits continue to fall then jobs will be cut before the business totally folds.

And guess what, I actually haven't accumulated mother load dinero because the money we do make has been put back into the company. I know you may not understand this but more money put into the company means more employees with better benefits. Actually, we have hired too many already which is part of the problem and if I didn't care about them they would have been let go already (possibly preserving our profit margin).

Yes, since money has been re-invested in the company the company itself is potentially worth more. Unfortunately, that doesn't do much good for anybody if we make no money and the doors close forever.

Maybe by taxing the greedy rich, unionizing the poor, and regulating industry there will be an even playing field and everyone will be for the better. However, anyone who has ever paid attention knows that this never works because there is always some one some where who will do things cheaper (ever hear of places like china, india, pakistan...) and put the less profitable businesses under.

I doubt about half of the people in the country care about that any way. I suspect what they really want is revenge on those who they feel have more than them whether it be stuff, opportunity, or any other perceived injustice. But, what the hell, vote how you like and we will see how it ends up. Maybe we will all make just under 250K, pay no taxes, AND heve enough left over to all be riding new Grady White 360's!

LittleMrs

Reaction score
No disrespected meant - I'm really trying to reconcile this in my head before I vote.

If taxes are reduced for 65% of people (which is what I think the Obama 95% turns into once you exclude the folks who pay no tax currently) and those 65% of people spend that money, how does that compare to reduced spending if taxes are raised to 5% of people ? If I'm reading these posts correctly isn't the goal to maintain or increase the amount of money being spent on domestic products ?

A

Anonymous

Maybe we missed a key point. Instead of worrying about how to get more taxes, how about taking a very good look at where the current taxes are going. How about multi-billion dollar failed Defense procurements? Seems like we could save a little bit there. How about welfare fraud? Any idea how many people in jail are also collecting disability and welfare payments? We are paying them 2 or 3 times in that situation. During this election we heard just a little bit about "the bridge to nowhere" and "ear marking" bills for local pork. Sure that pork adds local jobs but it is at the expense of things that might be more important. I'd like to see the government run their budget like I run mine. I support people in my life that show they are going to try to contribute to my family. If you don't, then you are on your own.

Couldn't resist.... back to working on the boat.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
I am self employed and will face an increase in taxes with Obama in several ways. The largest impact will come from his plan to lift the upper end cap on Social Security, so that means that I pay an additional 15% that right folks an additional 15% on ever dollar I make over the current SS limit which is in the ball park of $100,000. So over $100,000 in round numbers the taxes are at LEAST 15% for SS, 28% to the feds and 5.85% to the people’s republic of Massachusetts plus property taxes in MA and NY. That equals 48.85%++++++!!!!!! This year it was around 33.85% ++++. That means to put my boat in the water next year I have to earn over $20,000 to pay the $10,000 it will cost to run it. To an Obama supporter please explain how my taxes are not going up if I earn under $250,000? OH and by the way for the privilege of paying this additional tax he also plans to means test for Social Security, so there is a very high probability with this guy that when I do turn 67.5 years old I will get less because I contributed more.

Didn't we just finish fighting a war against this system when the Berlin Wall came down?

Vote Obama comrades, how short our collective memory is in this country.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tashmoo said:
Vote Obama comrades, how short our collective memory is in this country.

It's sad, but for some reson we fail to remember history and repeat it.

Either way someone votes, it the one you vote for wins, don't complain about the job they're doing because YOU helped put them in there.