Trim piece fix?

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Is this trim material available or is there a good substitute? This is the trim around the opening at the top step in the cabin of my Sailfish.

Attachments

• gw_trim.jpg
    gw_trim.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,262

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Good luck on finding it. I tried and never found anything close to it.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Grady might be a good source to either buy it or find out who the manufacturer is. And then go to the manufacturer and find out if they either sell direct or can point you to a retailer.

There's a company called Taco Metals and they are often used by boat manufacturers for the supply of pieces like this. I don't know if they make what you need (or if they were the original fabricator for Grady), but you might try checking with them, too.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd check with GW Cust Service via their web link. Let us know what you find out.....

gw204

Reaction score
That looks like regular old Starboard to me.

You should be able to replicate the profile using standard wood working tools. Throw some heat on it and it should bend easily into that shape.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
That looks like regular old Starboard to me.

You should be able to replicate the profile using standard wood working tools. Throw some heat on it and it should bend easily into that shape.

It's shaped like U-channel that wraps around the edge of the plywood. Hogging that out of a piece of starboard might be a little tricky - maybe repeated passes over the table saw with the blade sticking up just a little.