Trim Tab Auto Retract Feature?

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My 2002 330 did not have the auto retract & I keep the boat in high/dry storage.
It seems that every time the boat was lifted out of the water the tabs were extended. I was told that the valves had a pressure release feature and lifting it with tabs extended wouldn't cause them to fail.
Rather than continuing to test this I had the auto retract module installed. As mentioned it is a rather low cost component and installation must have been fairly easy as the labor cost was low enough that it doesn't register on my cost radar.

Jambo

Reaction score
I spoke to Bennett Customer Support (awesome people!) who said the toggle idea is a good one and done often. I should wire all wires as specified to the color aligned terminals on the back of the dash mounted Bennett toggles, and then run the 22g orange wire to the open dash switch and continue from there to a 12v source not controlled by the ignition switch. I believe the trim tabs will work as the do now whether the dash switch is on or off. But when the dash switch is flipped on and then off, the tabs auto retract. I'll need to think about this.
Chris

Mclorite

Reaction score
I used the EIC5000 kit to add the indicator controls and wired everything the way it said on the instructions except i wired the relay power wire to the 1/2/off switch and then the purple wire from the control switch to the rocker switch and power/ground from the fuse box to the rocker switch. The orange wire from the controls goes to the fuse box as well to power the indicator lights. when the 1/2/off switch it off the unit draws no power. the tabs are inoperable when i have the rocker switch off and only operate with it on. Every time i turn the rocker switch off the tabs reset.