Trim Tab Control - where to mount?

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Where are you guys mounting the controls? I have the 20ft Overnighter...limited options.

any pics of mounted controls?

Thanks , beer on me

ric2352

Reaction score
Bigfoot said:
Where are you guys mounting the controls? I have the 20ft Overnighter...limited options.

any pics of mounted controls?

Thanks , beer on me
The flat area in front of the engine control binnacle.....plenty of room there for the switch . Mounted the pump in the starboard battery compartment....if you got the kit with the tab position indicatator, the control box needs to go there as well...up high away from possible water intrusion....the wiring harness won't allow you to put the controller anywhere else. I didn't get the indicator for the new boat....had LOTS of problems with the controller connections...really lite duty and Mickey Mouse if you ask me.

ric2352

Reaction score
Bigfoot said:
Seems the throttle would be in the way in that location
Whatever you think.....really very convenient there....not many options as you noticed.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
ric2352 said:
Bigfoot said:
Seems the throttle would be in the way in that location
Whatever you think.....really very convenient there....not many options as you noticed.

I was thinking the same, but the mechanic called and explained that wasnt a good location because at WOT throttle you'd lose the ability to use them (which in turn has me worried about said mechanic). I assumed he would have mounted where you said...

its always something, lol

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Do you have a picture of your dash and what's already mounted in it?

I googled your model to get a picture and there looks like there is plenty of room under the piece of lexan that covers the gauges. If you didn't want to continually lift up the lexan, just cut it. It's no big deal to cut it and it won't affect anything. You can always replace the plastic down the road (readily available online in sheets of whatever cover you want) if you change things.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
we did as ric suggested in front of the throttle, just have to work around it some if I need to adjust em at WOT as the throttle

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Would be good to see a pic. I love the location of mine. It is very handy and easily in reach. Not sure if you have room, but seems it would be possible to put next to wheel:

Attachments

• Trim Tab switch location.jpg
    Trim Tab switch location.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 3,679

ric2352

Reaction score
DennisG01 said:
Do you have a picture of your dash and what's already mounted in it?

I googled your model to get a picture and there looks like there is plenty of room under the piece of lexan that covers the gauges. If you didn't want to continually lift up the lexan, just cut it. It's no big deal to cut it and it won't affect anything. You can always replace the plastic down the road (readily available online in sheets of whatever cover you want) if you change things.
I did as you say...Cut the plexiglass off just below the gauges and flush mounted my chartplotter in that spot. Nice to have in front of you and easy to reach

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks Bigfoot. Found a pic best I could. Hard to tell sizing here, but behind wheel in pic on helm, and if nothing behind in the way, seems it might be possible in these 2 spots highlighted?

Attachments

• Grady Overnighter Helm.jpg
    Grady Overnighter Helm.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 3,664

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
IM002756.jpg