trim tab issue

fastal

Reaction score
seem to be having an issue with my trim tabs; curious if anyone has encountered the same. when you press the rocker switch for bow down the hydraulic unit runs but then seems to make a noise as if it is bound up. seems to be the same for both sides. however if you jump out the rocker switch the tabs will operate. so I went out bought a new rocker switch, wired up and back to square 1 tabs won't operate........any thoughts. thanks.

MixinItUp

Reaction score
Best advice I can give you is to go to "thehulltruth" and post your issue in the Boating Forum. Tom from Bennett Marine posts there as "Tabman" and will help you troubleshoot. He is a great resource.

Padgett
Mixin'ItUp
Savannah, GA

Tabman

Reaction score
fastal said:
seem to be having an issue with my trim tabs; curious if anyone has encountered the same. when you press the rocker switch for bow down the hydraulic unit runs but then seems to make a noise as if it is bound up. seems to be the same for both sides. however if you jump out the rocker switch the tabs will operate. so I went out bought a new rocker switch, wired up and back to square 1 tabs won't operate........any thoughts. thanks.

Sorry for my delayed response. Fastal, how old is the system? Also I would like you to clean both ends of the black ground wire at the back of the pump. In fact clean all the electrical connections, it sounds like a low voltage issue.

Tom McGow
Bennett Marine

fastal

Reaction score
tabman, thank you. cleaned all connections as suggested and sucess. great that you provide manufacturers support through these forums.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well, how 'bout that?? We have the Bennett guys poking there nose in our humble Great Grady forum. Nice to know there's a manufacturer taking the time to "watch our back" when we have a problem :dance .

grady23

Reaction score
It's a shame that more companies don't have guys like Tom. He has been around a long time and monitors the Boat U.S. site as well as this one and others. He has always been there with helpful information and MORE! Thanks Tom for all your support.