trim tab problem

Montauk Explorer

Reaction score
one of my trim tabs does not fully retract. It extends down about 1" and thats as far up as it will go.
Any suggestions?

seabob4

Reaction score
Montauk Explorer said:
one of my trim tabs does not fully retract. It extends down about 1" and thats as far up as it will go.
Any suggestions?

Bennett's? Try stepping on the tab and see if it goes down further. We in the business often use the tabs to climb aboard, it won't hurt anything. Report back... :D

Bob C

Scott W.

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Trim Tabs

Had the same problem a few weeks ago and determined there was corrosion in the unit's "quick disconnect" plug. You could try to unplug and then clean the contacts with electric contact spray cleaner. My 19 year old plug could not be cleaned well, but was able to get tabs to properly respond by playing with the plug in different positions while my son held down the tab switches. So I called Bennett and they sent me a replacement quick disconnect plug for free - now that's customer service! :lol:

grady23

Reaction score
If you can't resolve this easily --- CALL BENNETT
These are the BEST people you will ever deal with and often send replacement parts FREE.
If every company in the U.S. treated customer like Bennett, The consumer affairs people would be out of biz.