Trim Tab trouble on 265 express not working

Lucky13

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the tank is located that you would fill with hydrolic fluid for the bennet tabs on a 265 express. My tabs did not work last time out and I had notices a very slight film in the water the last few times at the dock. :bang I am hoping that all it needs is some fluid and a new gasket.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Salinity Now

Reaction score
The switch went bad on mine a year ago or so, would only operate 1 tab in 1 direction (talk about a bad ride home!!!)

Easy to check the reservoir though under that fwd stbd compartment. Replacement switches are common at West Marine. (be sure to take a picture of the wiring with your phone or something before taking it apart, I've learned this trick is the easiest way to keep track of returning wiring back to stock)

Lucky13

Reaction score
Thank everyone I will check it out tonight

zimm

Reaction score
I also had my switch go out. Pull the panel and you can touch the wires together to make sure the pump runs and either tab goes up and down. You need to touch three wires together to get the tab to move- orange is power- then you touch either red or green to open the port or starboard valve, and blue (down) or yellow (up). The pump should run and tab move. If they do, it's the switch. If the pump doesn't run, check the fuses.

Link to instructions and wire colors:

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/pdf/instIcon/LS3000 Instructions.pdf