trim tabs anodes

keba1973

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Where do you buy your trim tabs anodes?

seasick

Reaction score
They are available in most marine supply stores as well as online sites. There are companies that see only anodes like Zink For Boats.
You need to know what size you need. Bigger is not necessarily better.

I do wonder what percentage of folks on this site who have trim tabs, have sacrificial anodes. I don't. My baot sits in salt water from April thru approx November

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have the little "candy bar" zincs on my Bennett trim tabs. They get eaten up pretty good even though the boat is only in the water for a few month.

Have the standard Yamaha zincs too.

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
On the advice of the late "Tabman" from Bennett, I install an aluminum disk type anode on top of my tabs. The anodes come in pairs so I only use 1/2 of it so not to interfere with the tab action by mounting anything on the bottom. I boat in salt but the boat is slipped in brackish water. At the end of the season I do find the anodes eaten up a bit.

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I replaced the handlebar anodes on both motors and decided to try aluminum - I've always used zinc. When I hauled the boat, the aluminum anodes were covered in barnacles! Never had that issue with zinc since it's a biocide. Something to consider...