Trim tabs - gauge is broken

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Hi there - the only thing that doesn’t work on my old overnighter is the gauge for the trim tabs - the trim tabs themselves work, just the gauge on the dashboard doesn’t work. This is also the first boat I’ve ever had with trim tabs, and I understand the overall concept but If anyone has advice on this and best practices, I’d appreciate it. Thanks v much

Last edited:

mac83

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Make sure that the gauge is wired correctly. I’d pull the switch and take a look at it. I’ve got Bennett trim tabs and they have a great site to troubleshoot and are also responsive if you contact them. If they’re Lenco, I don’t have any experience but I’d suspect a similar experience.

Reactions: PointedRose

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Make sure that the gauge is wired correctly. I’d pull the switch and take a look at it. I’ve got Bennett trim tabs and they have a great site to troubleshoot and are also responsive if you contact them. If they’re Lenco, I don’t have any experience but I’d suspect a similar experience.
Thanks those seem to be the typical brands. I’ll check what I have this weekend. I saw a couple of those helpful vids and saw some similars threads on tabs too. Appreciate your help

Reactions: mac83