Trim tabs go down....but not up? Emblem glue

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey Yall:
I had a productive 3 days of fishing this past Thursday-Saturday down in my native Fla of the central Florida coast. We have a quite bit of dolphin in the freezer. I noticed an issue with my trim tabs and I did search here looking for solutions.

I can deploy each tab and adjust them down quite fine, but they will not retract using the switch. When the power is shut off at the motor,they however will automatically retract to normal or neutral position with ease. Is this a common problem with the rocker switch?

Second Question. I noticed the " E " in Grady White is pealing away from the boat on the port side. There is no damage to the logo, but the E is coming off. What kind of glue or adhesive do you guys suggest I put on it?

Thanks.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Send a PM to Tabman...either here or on THT. It sounds like it's probably the switch. I don't think it's the pump, since your auto-retract feature works fine.
You seem to be the only one who caught any fish over the weekend....plenty of folks who were "skunked" due to the full moon.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Thanks Parth. We fished Thursday,Friday and Saturday. Thursday we fished out of Sebastian inlet with 3 to 5s in a 10 to 15 knot wind. The seas laid down in the pm and we caught 3 gaffers all in about 132. Friday we moved up to port canaveral and trolled near the weather bouy. We had 2 in the boat in the AM and stayed out late went back to the weather bouy and got hot with 2 more...a nice size gaffer cow and good sized gaffer bull pushing 45 pounds or so. Saturday went out of Ft. Pierce and got skunked. Will PM tab man.

Tabman

Reaction score
Bob and I have been PMing. We will get this fixed for him ASAP!

Tom McGow
Bennett Marine