Trim tabs on a 209 Escape?

mlgrady20

Reaction score
What is the feeling about installing trim tabs on a 209 Escape? Has anyone put them on their boat? Looking for advice.

Fishballs15

Reaction score
I just had tabs put on my boat, but have not put in yet for the season so will have to report back in a few weeks. I decided to add them to help correct listing with several people on board and to drop the bow down more for rougher water. I have very small children and my take was anyting that helps control the boat is a good thing.

--Fish

NJ-JOHN

Reaction score
I put lenco tabs on my 228 last year, well worth the money and inproved permormance 10 fold.

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
Well,
I had them installed on my 2004 209.
I am going to put the boat in the water for the first time this weekend.
The mechanic at the Marina, not the same guy that installed them, said the trim tabs worked great when he was testing the engine.
Anyway....they look great....I will let you you know how they work. By the way, the kit + installation was $900.
The guy that installed them said they aren't mandatory but they really do help on those ruff days OR when you have a load of people on board.
Doug

Attachments

• Boat TrimTabs.jpg
    Boat TrimTabs.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,387

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 208 with tabs and I wouldn't want to think I had to do without them. My boat tends to porpoise and the tabs settle it right down and also great for leveling out the boat. My crowd always seems to move around a lot.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I have a 98 209 wiuth a Yamaha 175 Saltaeterseries. The boat has bennett trim tabs.

I don't use them often as the boat trims itself pretty well with the engine trim, but when there are multiple people shifting around they come in extremely useful. Great to have when needed!

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
I don't have a comparison of with/wthout trim tabs. But, I could really feel the difference as I moved them up and down. With 8 people on board, it was great to be able to level the boat as they changed seating positions. The water was pretty rough but that Grady White cut through it and I never felt a jolt to my knees and back like have felt on other boats. I could go on and on but to concerning the question of the original post, I would recommend the trim Tabs.