Trim Tabs

wlewis

Reaction score
I just launched my 225 after being set up for Winter and noticed my Bennett Trim Tabs that automatically reset to neutral position when turning on the battery, work fine when running, but no longer reset when turning on battery. Anyone have any suggestions as to what’s gone wrong?

wlewis

Reaction score
Thanks for that thought. Could very well be. I don’t claim to have the best memory. Also, I noticed reading Bennet info, there is an “Auto Tab Retractor”, a small box that is wired into the installation. I just looked under the console and if it’s there, it’s buried behind a bulkhead and no telling what else it’s under. May not be worth the effort. Will certainly try turning on ignition and see if resets.

Fishtales

Reaction score
They retract when the power is removed, so they are fully seated to the hull once power is removed. Sound like yours are working fine!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Thanks for that thought. Could very well be. I don’t claim to have the best memory. Also, I noticed reading Bennet info, there is an “Auto Tab Retractor”, a small box that is wired into the installation. I just looked under the console and if it’s there, it’s buried behind a bulkhead and no telling what else it’s under. May not be worth the effort. Will certainly try turning on ignition and see if resets.
Yes, in order for them to retract on their own, that ATR would have had to have been installed. They won't retract on their own without that 'add-on".

wlewis

Reaction score
Dennis, you’re right. Just tried turning on ignition, adjusting tabs beyond neutral position, and turned off ignition and they retracted. I guess I just need to use my boat more! Thanks Dennis.