Trip Wrightsville Beach to Outer Banks NC

shadow379

Reaction score
The second weekend in May, my wife and I along with another couple are taking my boat to somewhere around the Outer Banks. Since she tolerates my fishing addiction I promised a nice sightseeing/vacation cruise. I am looking for places to dock,eat, and sleep. If anyone has a open slip along the way or know of a good place to stay please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

GreatWhite23

Reaction score
I would go to Ocracoke nice places to eat,friendly people, good place to take the wife. Harbor Inn is a nice place to stay docking at the hotel. Getting out of the inlet can be tough, even the locals get hung. Last year was the worst fishing in thirty years it would be worth while to find out whats bitting. Good luck

grady23

Reaction score
There are several hotels around Hatteras village that have slips and very nice accommodations. Running the channel to the inlet can be tricky. The channel moves due to the storms and tidal activity so be sure to check with the locals. Even if it's rough in the ocean, you can day trip to Okracoke Is. Just follow the ferry boat channel. If weather permits, it's only 20-25 miles out to the Gulf Stream most days.