Trolling motor install on 282 Sailfish

fishlips

Has anyone attempted to install on of the new 87” shaft Minn Kota Riptide Terrova trolling motors on the bow of a 282 Sailfish?

fishlips

the only thing I'd be worried about is wind. I guess it could be done.
I’ve had the same thought. The Sailfish has a large “sail-like” profile and not sure how well it would hold you in place with wind & current. Hoping there’s someone who’s done it or this boat or a similar one that could comments.

Grady White Model
Gulfstream
Has anyone attempted to install on of the new 87” shaft Minn Kota Riptide Terrova trolling motors on the bow of a 282 Sailfish?
just finished on a 23 grady gulfstream had metal fabricator use 1 in stainless attaching on thedeck then attaching alongside the bow pulpit out 18 inches looks just like the top rail with the front curve....10 in stainless 1/4 plate welded to the extension front all the rest is standard install used today 2.5 knot current 15 miles wind....full speed over ground was 2,4 miles spot lock held over wreck perfect 87 in shaft... minn koda outlet not to be used find another source cost 900 for metal fabricator total cost with batteries charger etc approx 5000... days of anchoring over a wreck are over if interested in pictures will send