Trolling motor orientation - Fisherman 216

AUMike99

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 216
I am installing a Garmin 75" trolling motor on my Fisherman 216. I would sure appreciate any opinions about the mock-up I did below that shows how the orientation places the shaft over the anchor locker. This is my planned installation unless I learn of a better way to tackle it. I have brainstormed and researched different ways to install but the limited bow space makes it a challenge. I am installing using the Garmin Quick Mount so that I can easily remove the trolling motor for storage when it isn't going to be used. Access to the anchor is possibly but would require a partial deployment of the motor (enough so that the shaft is out of the way of the locker door). I reason that this is not a big deal because on days that I am using the trolling motor, I really won't be using the anchor.

Note:
- The shaft actually extends all the way to the first cup holder so the scale on my mock-up is a bit off.
- I am using a 1/2" 6061 aluminum metal plate to extend the mounting bracket over the bow in such a way that the shaft of the motor clears the rub rail.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Trolling motor.jpg

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 180
I think tht looks pretty good. Allows you to keep your nav lights and agree that blocking the anchor locker is not such a big deal. That the motor is offset slightly hasn't mattered in the boats I have trolling motors on. Don't know if that motor needs a stabilizer on the shaft but looks like you could attack to the rail if needed.

Reactions: AUMike99

AUMike99

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 216
I'm very happy with the way the installation came together. The motor stays out of the way of any passengers riding on the front of the boat. It also does not hang over the boat at all on the starboard side. Including pics for anyone that may find them helpful.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    443.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    955.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    839 KB · Views: 4
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg